Monday, March 12, 2007

Top of the world?

"Now she's gone, and I don't worry,
'cos I'm sittin' on top of the world!"

This is the refrain from one of my most favorite songs in the world. When I bought the album it's on, (best of Bob Dylan) I didn't think that I might actually be able to say "she's gone", and once I was there, I never thought I'd be able to say "and I don't worry" !
Things brings around another question: am I on top of the world?

Where's that?

For me, the answer is in 1 John 4:7-16(I'm not gonna type it up, you'll have to look it up if there's anybody reading).
The passage talks about love. There's lots of notions that run about our minds of longsuffering and tenderness, but as with most places in the Bible, It's love in God's dictionary, and sometimes it's hard to remember that the Bible has verses like Hebrews 12:6
"For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives"

Every son.

So I guess being on top of the world involves getting scourged.
But being in that relationship with God, that's the top of the world, and I like it.

1 comment:

Alison said...

on top of the world: I suppose youre right. You're always very insitful Jared. Yes, Being on top of the world is not so much everything being perfect in one's life, but knowing I'm in the center of God's will, and delighting in the Lord.